Who we are
Who we are and what we do
We are a group of highly experienced professionals dedicated to providing solutions for banks in the domain of Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Silmacor Data warehouse and Business Intelligence
- Adaptation of the Silmacor data model to other core systems
- Developing of the reporting modules per customer’s requirements
Silmacor develops dashboards according to the needs of each of your organization's departments.
- For the Finance department:
- Balance sheet and Profit and Loss with drill down for explanation, account movement analysis, interest analysis, Average balances, return on Balance Sheet positions, bank own investment, securities analysis, collateral Analysis, Interest Rate Risk, Cashflow
- For private banking:
- Customer valuation, AuM analysis, client portfolio analysis, customer profitability, net new money, cash flow, Return On Assets
- Risk Management:
- Nostro Analysis, stop loss analysis, FX daily impact...
- Back Office:
- transactions volume monitoring, depositories and entitlements, tax monitoring...
About the founder
Combining an in-depth understanding of the business world and in particular banking and financials with a solid technical foundation is what gives me a unique advantage in the world of B.I. developing.
Over the past several years I have concentrated my efforts on developing data warehouses for banks based on core systems of Temenos T24 and Midas Plus. In addition to this I was able to provide my clients with a wide variety of reporting modules which catered to their different departments (Private banking, Lending, Finance, Risk, Back office). Among the types of reports I have created:
- Customer Profitability
- Balance Sheet and P&L Analysis
- Nostro Securities monitor
- Client and Bank Exposure
- Interest Rate Risk
- And more…
For Internet Banking
E-Statement with customer balances, position analysis and deals inventory Payment methods:
- BACS – one payment to several accounts, (i.e. salaries)
- Fund Transfer
- Inter Account Transfer
- Trade Finance
The Data Warehouse is a computer database that collects and stores an organization’s data with the aim of producing accurate and timely management information and supporting data analysis.
|Core System||Data Warehouse|
|Focused on Banking Business functionality||Focused on Data Mining & Data Analysis|
|Designed and focused to support the Business functionality||Data Warehouse is designed and focused to support storage, retrieval and presentation|
|Limited historical reach||Unlimited historical reach|
|Reports slows down the system response time||No effect on the core system|
|Time scaled data is complex (comparison of 2 dates, trend analysis)||Easily achieved|
|Usually Reports & Enquiries requires development by the IT||Tool for Business users. Quick creation of Ad hoc enquiries|
|Textual User Interface||Graphical User Interface|
- Easy access to data on different scales: Periods, Bank units
- Easy presentation of trends – comparisons of above scales
- Long Historical reach
- Quick creation of Ad hoc enquiries
- Fast response time
- Short implementation time due to use of tools
- Security – independently defined, reports access, data access
- No added ‘burden’ on the core system
- Easy to use, graphical user interface
- Advanced graphical presentation
- No need for setup on the user’s workstation
- Central database - consolidating data from different data sources (systems)
- Unlimited resource pool for support (Course by Oracle)
Is Silmacor right for you
Silmacor caters primarily to banks which have a need for a central integrative, reliable reporting system and use Mysis/Midas and/or other core banking systems as they will benefit the most from the Silmacor Data Warehouse.
Our user friendly decision support tool created by Silmacor will enhance management’s performance in any part of the organization.
How we do it
The ELT process is activated daily after “End of Day” process.
This is when the Datawarehouse is fed a snap shot of customers and bank contracts’ balances, new transactions and relevant static tables
- “Transferring” the core systems files to the DW server
- No manipulation of data on core system side
- Loading the entire core system data files into the Oracle DB which has similar structure to core system as a starting point
- All codes into unique format
- All amounts converted to local currency
- Amounts with decimals according to currency
- Data validation and completion
The Silmacor solution is based on Oracle technology: Oracle database, Oracle Warehouse Builder and Oracle OBI